We all know how important a webpage is in today’s time. We also know how important it is to have a great web design. Now, the question is, how can you make a great website where visitors can visit over and over? Here are top 10 tips to make your site more popular and user friendly.
1. Know your audience and keep them in mind when you make a web design, or even when you write. If your target audiences are teens, make your site fun to read, give them trivia that they will enjoy.
2. Keep your pages short. In order to minimize scrolling and readers can get your message at first reading, a good screen size you can use is 640 pixels wide and 480 tall.
3. Jakob Nielsen has proven through his surveys – only 10% of users will scroll beyond the first screen of text. If you can only have a short first page, make sure it’s already your table of contents.
4. Large images takes a long time to download and can annoy some internet users. This is why it is best to use smaller images.
5. Use browser safe colors to ensure that your readers will see the page and images you intend them to see.
6. Avoid lots of text. Unless you are running a blog, people don’t read the text. Most times, they just skim over it.
7. Use a spell checker, everytime.
8. Make sure your links are still valid. Running a link checker will make your life a lot easier.
9. Annotate your links so people know exactly why you love another website.
10. The web is dynamic and interactive. If there are comments and suggestions about your blog, you should have a contact form they can use to contact you directly.